The Orientation programme is of three weeks duration with a minimum of 18 working days and 108 contact hours (six hours per day).
The objectives of our HRDC are met by structuring our Orientation Programmes into four components:
COMPONENT A: Awareness of linkages between Environment, Development and Education.
COMPONENT B: Philosophy of Education, Indian Education System and Pedagogy.
COMPONENT C: Resource Awareness and Knowledge generation.
COMPONENT D: Personality Development and Management.
Following are some of the topics covered under each component :
- A) Education, Social justice and Social reforms; Environmental awareness and biodiversity; Role and responsibility of a teacher; Human Rights; Disaster management; Science and society; Gender issues; Media and society; RTI; Secularism; Police and society; Consumer rights and responsibilities; Indian tradition, culture and Indian identity;
- B) Philosophy of education; Indian education system, organizational structure, policies and programmes; Teaching learning methods; Microteaching; Creative ways of teaching; Teacher beyond the classroom; Understanding learner dynamics; Exam reforms and student evaluation; Moodle as a platform for teaching and evaluation; Interactive teaching through cyberspace; OERs and MOOCs; University system; Setting a good question paper;. Quality indicators and agencies.
- C) E-Resources for teaching and research; IT laws and internet security; Computer practicals (Advanced power point, Advanced excel for preparing mark sheets, percentage, percentile etc.) E-content creation and online teaching; Research methodology, Research projects and sponsoring agencies; Cyber crime dangers & its prevention; Intellectual Property Rights; Academic writing.
- D) EQ, SQ and SOQ; Scientific temper; Leadership, team building and work culture; CAS for teachers, Conflict management; Management in Higher Education; Transactional analysis in education;; The art of counseling students; Student suicide prevention; Ethics and values; Stress management and positive thinking; Time management.
- A two day workshop on e-content development and online teaching.
- Visit to any distress center like old age home, orphanage, spastic society, blind school e.t.c. to sensitize the participants to the underprivileged sections of the society.
- Field visit to Centre’s of excellence.